A Companion to the Classical Greek World
January 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A cutting-edge Companion to classical Greek history from the aftermath of the Persian Wars in 478 B.C. to the death of Alexander the Great in 323 BC
- Provides scholarly yet accessible new interpretations of the events of classical Greek history.
- Topics covered range from the political and institutional structures of Greek society, to literature, art, economics, society, warfare, geography and the environment.
- Discusses the problems of interpreting the various sources for the period.
- Guides the reader towards a broadly-based understanding of the history of the Classical Age.