The Handbook of Bilingualism and Multilingualism, 2nd Edition
December 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Comprising state-of-the-art research, this substantially expanded and revised Handbook discusses the latest global and interdisciplinary issues across bilingualism and multilingualism.
- Includes the addition of ten new authors to the contributor team, and coverage of seven new topics ranging from global media to heritage language learning
- Provides extensively revised coverage of bilingual and multilingual communities, polyglot aphasia, creolization, indigenization, linguistic ecology and endangered languages, multilingualism, and forensic linguistics
- Brings together a global team of internationally-renowned researchers from different disciplines
- Covers a wide variety of topics, ranging from neuro- and psycho-linguistic research to studies of media and psychological counseling
- Assesses the latest issues in worldwide linguistics, including the phenomena and the conceptualization of 'hyperglobalization', and emphasizes geographical centers of global conflict and commerce