Photography and Philosophy: Essays on the Pencil of Nature
March 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
1. Transparent Pictures: On the Nature of Photographic Realism (Kendall Walton, University of Michigan).
2. Photographs and Icons (Cynthia Freeland, University of Houston).
3. Photographs as Evidence (Aaron Meskin, Texas Tech University and Jonathan Cohen, University of California, San Diego).
4. Truth in Photography (Scott Walden, New York University).
5. Documentary Authority and the Art of Photography (Barbara Savedoff, Baruch College).
6. Photography and Representation (Roger Scruton, Institute for the Psychological Sciences, Princeton University).
7. How Photographs 'Signify': Cartier-Bresson's 'Reply' to Scruton (David Davies, McGill University)
8. Scales of Space and Time in Photography: “Perception Points Two Ways”: (Patrick Maynard, University of Western Ontario).
9. True Appreciation (Dominic Lopes, University of British Columbia).
10. Landscape and Still Life-Static Representations of Static Scenes (Kendall Walton, University of Michigan).
11. The Problem with Movie Stars (Noël Carroll, Temple University).
12. Pictures of King Arthur: Photography and the Power of Narrative (Gregory Currie, University of Nottingham).
13. The Naked Truth (Arthur Danto, Columbia University).