Neurological Disorders due to Systemic Disease
February 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
How do you identify which neurological syndromes occur due to systemic disease?
Neurological problems commonly occur in the context of underlying systemic disease, and may even be the presenting symptom of a medical condition that has not yet been diagnosed. Consequently neurologists need to be aware when a neurological presentation might indicate an underlying systemic disorder.
Neurologic Disorders due to Systemic Disease provides the tools you need to make these connections. The unique Neurologic presentations-based approach relates to the common clinical situations you encounter, including:
- Movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Encephalopathies, Seizures, Myelopathies, Neuro-Ophthalmologic and Neuro-otologic disorders, Sleep disorders, and others
Major categories of systemic illness are explored for each presentation to guide you towards a likely cause. These include:
- Endocrine, electrolyte, and metabolic disorders
- Systemic autoimmune disorders
- Organ dysfunction and failure, and critical medical illness
- Systemic cancer and paraneoplastic disorders
- Systemic infectious disease
- Complications due to drugs and alcohol
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Written by a leading cast of experts, with a practical approach including ‘things to remember’ for each presentation, Neurologic Disorders due to Systemic Disease should be on every neurologist’s desk.