The Renaissance Conscience
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book presents one of the first studies of the Renaissance notion of conscience, through examining theological manuals, legal treatises, letters and other sources of the period.
- Represents one of the few modern studies exploring developments in scholastic and Renaissance notions of conscience
- Synthesizes literary, theological and historical approaches
- Presents case studies from England and the Hispanic World that reveal shared traditions, strategies, and conclusions regarding moral uncertainty
- Sheds new light on the crises of conscience of ordinary people, as well as prominent individuals such as Thomas More
- Offers new research on the ways practical theologians in England, Spain, and France participated in political debate and interacted with secular counsellors and princes
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Renaissance Conscience (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $59.95
Discounted Price: US $44.96 (Save: US $14.99)