Health Visiting: A Rediscovery, 3rd Edition
January 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This timely and relevant new edition of an established and well regarded text is essential reading for those training to become health visitors and those who are practitioners working with and in the community. As we celebrate the 150 year anniversary of the profession in 2012, Health Visiting: A Rediscovery has been thoroughly revised and updated since the last edition to reflect the many developments in health policy, public health priorities and health visiting practice. The focus of the book, however, remains the same: placing the health visitor at the forefront of supporting and working with children and families, ensuring the child has the best possible start in life. The increasing importance of working with communities and reaffirming the public health role of the health visitor are discussed and debated. The new edition takes into account the challenges and increasing need for health visitors to engage with research evidence and to evaluate their practice.
- A definitive, comprehensive, updated textbook on the role of the Health Visitor
- Incorporates the practice of public health and working with communities
- Includes brand new chapter on the importance of safeguarding children and the enhanced child protection role of the Health Visitor
- Timely and topical
- Essential reading for all nurses working in the community, those training as Specialist Community Public Health Nurses and undergraduate students undertaking public health, primary and community care course units.
- Features case studies and learning activities