The God Debates: A 21st Century Guide for Atheists and Believers (and Everyone in Between)
October 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The God Debates presents a comprehensive, non-technical survey of the quest for knowledge of God, allowing readers to participate in a debate about the existence of God and gain understanding and appreciation of religion s conceptual foundations.
- Explains key arguments for and against God's existence in clear ways for readers at all levels
- Brings theological debates up to the present with current ideas from modernism, postmodernism, fideism, evidentialism, presuppositionalism, and mysticism
- Updates criticism of theology by dealing with the latest terms of the God debates instead of outdated caricatures of religion
- Helps nonbelievers to learn important theological standpoints while noting their shortcomings
- Encourages believers and nonbelievers to enjoy informed dialogue with each other
- Concludes with an overview of religious and nonreligious worldviews and predictions about the future of faith and reason