Archeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, Number 19, Housework: Craft Production and Domestic Economy in Ancient Mesoamerica
February 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
1. Housework and Domestic Craft Production: An Introduction (Kenneth Hirth).
2. Craft Production, Household Diversification, and Domestic Economy in Prehispanic Mesoamerica (Kenneth Hirth).
SECTION II: THE PRODUCTION OF UTILITARIAN GOODS.
3. The Scale and Structure of Bitumen Processing in Early Formative Olmec Households (Carl J. Wendt).
4. Rethinking the Organization of Aztec Salt Production: A Domestic Perspective (Jason P. De Leon).
5. Multicrafting in Prehispanic Oaxaca (Andrew K. Balkansky and Michelle M. Crossier).
6. Intermittent Crafting and Multicrafting at Xochicalco (Kenneth Hirth).
7. Peasant Artisans: Household Prismatic Blade Production in the Zacapu, Region, Michoacan (Milpillas Phase 1200-1450 AD) (Veronique Darras).
8. Residential Pottery Production in Mesoamerica (Christopher A. Pool).
9. Ceramics on the Side: Pottery Making as an Augmentation of Household Economy in the Valley of Puebla during the Formative Period (Ronald A. Castanzo).
SECTION III: THE PRODUCTION OFWEALTH GOODS.
10. Production and Use of Orchid Adhesives in Aztec Mexico: The Domestic Context (Frances F. Berdan, Edward A. Stark, and Jeffrey D. Sahagun).
11. Intermittent Domestic Lapidary Production during the Late Formative Period at Nativitas, Tlaxcala, Mexico (Kenneth G. Hirth, Mari Carmen Serra Puche, Jesus Carlos Lascanco Arce, and Jason De Leon).
12. Elite Household Multicrafting Specialization at 9N8, Patio H, Copan (Randolph J. Widmer).
13. Jade in Full: Prehispanic Domestic Production of Wealth Goods in the Middle Motagua Valley, Guatemala (Erick T. Rochette).
14. Metal for the Commoners: Tarascan Metallurgical Production in Domestic Contexts (Blanca Maldonado).
SECTION IV: CONCLUSIONS.
15. Bitumen, Blades, and Beads: Prehispanic Craft Production and the Domestic Economy (Elizabeth M. Brumfiel and Deborah L. Nichols).
List of Contributors.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Archeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, Number 19, Housework: Craft Production and Domestic Economy in Ancient Mesoamerica (US $35.95)
-and- Beyond Belief: The Archaeology of Religion and Ritual (US $30.00)
Total List Price: US $65.95
Discounted Price: US $49.46 (Save: US $16.49)