Vegetation Ecology, 2nd Edition
January 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Additional resources for this book can be found at: www.wiley.com/go/vandermaarelfranklin/vegetationecology.
Vegetation Ecology, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive, integrated account of plant communities and their environments. Written by leading experts in their field from four continents, the second edition of this book:
- covers the composition, structure, ecology, dynamics, diversity, biotic interactions and distribution of plant communities, with an emphasis on functional adaptations;
- reviews modern developments in vegetation ecology in a historical perspective;
- presents a coherent view on vegetation ecology while integrating population ecology, dispersal biology, soil biology,
- ecosystem ecology and global change studies;
- tackles applied aspects of vegetation ecology, including management of communities and invasive species;
- includes new chapters addressing the classification and mapping of vegetation, and the significance of plant functional types
Vegetation Ecology, 2nd Edition is aimed at advanced undergraduates, graduates and researchers and teachers in plant ecology, geography, forestry and nature conservation. Vegetation Ecology takes an integrated, multidisciplinary approach and will be welcomed as an essential reference for plant ecologists the world over.