What's Good on TV?: Understanding Ethics Through Television
July 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
What's Good on TV? Understanding Ethics Through Television presents an introduction to the basic theories and concepts of moral philosophy using concrete examples from classic and contemporary television shows.
- Utilizes clear examples from popular contemporary and classic television shows, such as The Office, Law and Order, Star Trek and Family Guy, to illustrate complex philosophical concepts
- Designed to be used as a stand-alone or supplementary introductory ethics text
- Features case studies, study questions, and suggested readings
- Episodes mentioned are from a wide variety of television shows, and are easily accessible
- Offers a balanced treatment of a number of controversial ethical issues including environmental ethics, animal welfare, abortion, homosexuality, capital punishment, assisted suicide, censorship and the erosion of values
- Includes a companion website at http://whatsgoodontv.webs.com