June 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Virgil offers undergraduates, graduate students and general readers a comprehensive and carefully balanced introduction to the works and literary reception of Virgil.
- Offers a fresh, comprehensive introduction to Virgil in translation
- Explores the historical context in which Virgil wrote and lived
- Discusses the manuscript tradition of Virgil
- Traces the poet’s literary influence on later authors and his impact on the arts
- Includes suggestions for further readings