Laser Dermatology: Pearls and Problems
August 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
- The first all-inclusive text on the pitfalls, complications and
controversies surrounding the use of lasers in dermatology and
- Each chapter starts off by highlighting the key points and
essential concepts, followed by a review of the associated pearls
- Provides the reader with tips on how to improve the safe and
effective use of lasers
- Images focus on the pearls and problems
Laser Dermatology: Pearls and Problems is different from
other laser dermatology books. Each of the five chapters begins by
highlighting key points and essential concepts, then focuses on the
pearls and problems for each area – based on the
author’s vast experience in the field of laser dermatology.
Dr. Goldberg addresses:
- Vascular Lasers
- Laser Hair Removal
- Pigmented Lesions, Tattoos, and Disorders of
- Ablative Lasers and Devices
- Non-Ablative Photorejuvenation and Skin Remodeling
Dr. Goldberg goes beyond the standard “before and after” approach to use actual images to demonstrate the pearls and pitfalls discussed in the text.
1 Vascular Lasers.
2 Laser Hair Removal.
3 Pigmented Lesions, Tattoos, and Disorders of Hypopigmentation.
4 Ablative Lasers and Devices.
5 Non-Ablative Photorejuvenation and Skin Remodeling.
The Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of New York & New Jersey, directed by Dr. Goldberg, have been the site of exciting pioneering FDA research on laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation. Dr. Goldberg has been instrumental in bringing this technology to the public. He is a Clinical Professor, and Director of Laser Research and Mohs Surgery, in the Department of Dermatology at NYC's Mount Sinai school of Medicine. He is also a co-Vice-President of the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Dr. Goldberg is also very active in professional societies. He has served as President for the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, and is currently the chairman of the Ethics Committee of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is on the Board of Directors of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
He was the very first recipient of the prestigious Leon Goldman award. This award is named after the founding father of laser surgery.
- Written by one of the most experienced and long-standing laser practitioners in the world
- Provides the reader with tips on how to improve the safe and effective use of lasers