Mapping: A Critical Introduction to Cartography and GIS
September 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Mapping: A Critical Introduction to Cartography and GIS is an introduction to the critical issues surrounding mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across a wide range of disciplines for the non-specialist reader.
- Examines the key influences Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and cartography have on the study of geography and other related disciplines
- Represents the first in-depth summary of the “new cartography” that has appeared since the early 1990s
- Provides an explanation of what this new critical cartography is, why it is important, and how it is relevant to a broad, interdisciplinary set of readers
- Presents theoretical discussion supplemented with real-world case studies
- Brings together both a technical understanding of GIS and mapping as well as sensitivity to the importance of theory