BMAT and UKCAT Uncovered: A Guide to Medical School Entrance Exams
September 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
With the use of admissions tests becoming an increasingly more common part of the selection process for entrance to medical school, BMAT and UKCAT Uncovered is a comprehensive yet accessible guide to the two main tests used by UK medical schools.
Written by recent Cambridge graduates, the authors' experience lies in taking these exams themselves and teaching students how to pass them. They combine key strategies for tackling the specific skills tested by the BioMedical Admissions Test and the UK Clinical Aptitude Test, along with practice questions and tests, with worked answers, in the style of the BMAT and UKCAT exams.
The simple, informal teaching style, highlighting key practice areas, with the minimal use of jargon, means BMAT and UKCAT Uncovered is an essential tool for all medical school applicants.
1. Quantitative Analysis for the BMAT and the UKCAT.
2. Critical Analysis for the BMAT and the UKCAT.
3. Scientific Knowledge and Application for the BMAT.
4. The Writing Task for the BMAT.
5. Abstract Reasoning for the UKCAT.
6. Decision Analysis for the UKCAT.
7. BMAT Practice Papers.
8. UKCAT Practice Papers.
- Contains over one thousand practice questions - worked examples, quick tests, 2 full BMAT-style sample test papers, and 2 full UKCAT-style sample test papers.
- An insiders' guide, written by recent Cambridge graduates who have also taught students sitting the BMAT examination
- Simple, informal teaching style highlights key areas to practise, with minimal jargon
- ‘Question oriented’ approach: instructions highlighted by example questions and worked answers
- Interactive style with exercises throughout