Feature and Magazine Writing: Action, Angle and Anecdotes, 2nd Edition
August 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Part I: Preparing to Write Feature and Magazine Articles.
1. Capturing Reader Attention.
2. The Hunt for Fresh Ideas.
3. Strong Angles and Focused Ideas.
4. Original Research = Original Articles.
5. Interviews: Goal-driven Conversations.
Part II: Selling Feature and Magazine Articles.
6. Finding the Right Market.
7. Query Letters that Sell.
Part III: Writing Feature and Magazine Articles.
8. Hooks, Intros and Leads.
9. Action-Filled Writing.
10. The Art of the Anecdote.
11. Improving Your Pizzaz.
12. Don’t Botch the Basics.
Part IV: Different Types of Feature and Magazine Articles.
13. Blurbs, Briefs and Brighteners.
14. In Focus: The Well-Balanced Profile.
15. Writing Dramatic Stories.
16. Help! Writing the How-to Feature.
17. Connecting Content to the Calendar.
18. Trends, Issues and Controversies.
19. Writing to Inspire and Motivate.
20. Writing for Professionals and Practitioners.
21. Writing for Online Publications.
Part V: Postscript.
22. Last Chance: The Final Draft.
23. How to Find a Magazine Job.