The Nuts and Bolts of Cardiac Pacing, 2nd Edition
September 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
New features to the second edition include:
- updated terminology and images reflecting new software developments
- information on new innovations and advanced features, such as ventricular intrinsic preference and AF suppression
- new features on the automatic atrial capture test and follow-up features
- new chapter covering clinical studies on the possible dangers of excessive RV pacing
Building layer by layer on the fundamental principles and concluding with advanced concepts, The Nuts and Bolts of Cardiac Pacing is intended for a novice to appreciate overall concepts and for a seasoned veteran to turn to answer a specific question.
This book offers practical, reliable and objective information on cardiac devices – it's easy to pick up, find what you need, and put down.
1 The healthy heart.
2 The conduction system.
3 Indications for pacing.
4 The history of pacing.
5 Implantable device codes.
6 Pacemaker technology.
7 Lead technology.
8 Implant techniques.
9 Single-chamber pacing.
10 Dual-chamber pacing.
11 Basic paced ECG interpretation.
12 Rate-responsive pacing.
13 Special features.
14 Systematic follow-up.
15 Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
16 Advanced features.
17 Clinical trials on pacing.
Appendix: A short guide to systematic pacemaker.
Vice President Clinical Education & Training
St. Jude Medical
- A lively, intelligent and easy to navigate style
- Includes information on new findings and introduces new devices
- 70 illustrations from actual clinical settings
- Emphasizes real-life clinical practice and practical tips
- Starts with the basics and concludes with advanced concepts
- Each chapter ends with a checklist of “Nuts & Bolts” (key points on each subject)