The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual of Children's Nursing Practices
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Children's and young people's nursing presents unique challenges. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual utilises the latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge to address these challenges, and provides the underlying theory and evidence for nursing care of children. The Manual provides a definitive guide to clinical skills procedures in children's and young people's nursing which enables nurses working with children and young people to practice confidently and deliver clinically effective family-centred care.
- Offers access to clinical procedures developed through the extensive expertise from Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Contains evidence-based recommendations for expert care
- Encompasses all aspects of children's care
- Contains procedures guidelines students can rely on and effectively use in practice following qualfication
- Highlights specific needs of neonates and adolescents
- Placed in the context of inter-disciplinary care of the child
- Includes the rationale for each procedure - the 'why' as well as 'how'
- Information presented in a similar way to The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - offering continuity to those working in both adult and paediatric settings