A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography
December 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This two-volume Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography reflects the new directions and interpretations that have arisen in the field of ancient historiography in the past few decades.
- Comprises a series of cutting edge articles written by recognised scholars
- Presents broad, chronological treatments of important issues in the writing of history and antiquity
- These are complemented by chapters on individual genres and sub-genres from the fifth century B.C.E. to the fourth century C.E.
- Provides a series of interpretative readings on the individual historians
- Contains essays on the neighbouring genres of tragedy, biography, and epic, among others, and their relationship to history