Ideas About Art
March 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
- An accessible, story-driven introduction to aesthetic theory and philosophy
- Prompts readers to develop independent ideas about aesthetics; this is a guide on how to think, not what to think
- Includes discussions of non-western, contemporary, and discipline-specific theories
- Examines a range of art-based dilemmas across a wide variety of disciplines - from art and design and law to visual and museum studies
List of Illustrations.
1. Public Opinion/Public Art.
2. Non-Western Ideas.
3. Western Ideas.
5. Expression & Aesthetic Experience.
6. Art & Ethics.
7. Political Art, Censorship & Pornography.
8. Art & Economics.
9. Feminist Art, Aesthetics & Art Criticism.
10. Postmodern Art & Attitudes.
11. Photography & New Media.
12. (Re)Discovering Design.
13. Art & Aesthetic Education.
14. Artists, Art Critics, Art Historians, Curators, Museums & Viewers.