A Companion to the Anthropology of Education
March 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Histories and Generations.
1. Kathryn Anderson-Levitt.
World Anthropologies of Education.
2. Frederick Erickson.
3. Ray McDermott and Jason Raley.
Continuities in the Study of Schooling as a Cultural Site.
4. Hervé Varenne.
Education, Cultural Production, and Figuring out What to Do Next.
5. Elsie Rockwell.
Recovering History in the Anthropology of Education.
6. Douglas Foley.
The Rise of Class Culture Theory in Educational Anthropology.
7. Harry Wolcott.
If There's Going to Be an Anthropology of Education.
8. Jean J. Schensul.
Building an Applied Educational Anthropology Beyond the Academy.
Education via Language: Speaking, Writing, Playing.
9. Stanton Wortham and Angela Reyes.
Linguistic Anthropology of Education.
10. Lesley Bartlett, Dina López, Lalitha Vasudevan, and Doris Warriner.
The Anthropology of Literacy.
11. Teresa L. McCarty and Larisa Warhol.
Anthropological Perspectives on Language Education Planning and Policy.
12. Patricia Baquedano-López and Sera Jean Hernandez.
Language Socialization Across Educational Settings.
13. Joseph Tobin and Allison Henward.
Ethnographic Studies of Children and Youth and the Media.
14. H. Samy Alim.
Hip-Hop and the Politics of Ill-literacy.
15. Laura Wright, Joel Kuipers, and Gail Viechnicki.
Argumentation and the Negotiation of Scientific Authority in Classrooms.
States, Identities, and Education.
16. Veronique Benei.
The Predicament of Embodied Nationalisms and Educational Subjects.
17. Bradley A.U. Levinson.
Toward an Anthropology of (Democratic) Citizenship Education.
18. Amy Stambach and Zolani Ngwane.
Development, Post-colonialism, and Global Networks as Frameworks for Studying Education in Africa and Beyond.
19. Sally Anderson.
Civil Sociality and Childhood Education.
20. Vanessa L. Fong and Sung won Kim.
Chinese Children, Youth, and Education.
21. Fida Adely and Gregory Starrett.
Schools, Skills, and Morals in the Contemporary Middle East.
22. Carlos Miñana Blasco and Carolina Arango Vargas.
Educational Policy, Anthropology, and the State.
Roles, Experiences, and Institutions.
23. Margaret A. Gibson and Jill P. Koyama.
Immigrants and Education.
24. Ángel Díaz de Rada and Livia Jiménez Sedano.
Variations on Diversity and the Risks of Bureaucratic Complicity.
25. Sarah Jewett and Katherine Schultz.
Toward an Anthropology of Teachers and Teaching.
26. Wesley Shumar and Shabana Mir.
Cultural Anthropology Looks at Higher Education.
27. Edmund T. Hamann and Lisa Rosen.
What Makes the Anthropology of Education Policy Implementation Anthropological?
28. Norma González and Leisy Wyman.
The Past, Present, and Future of "Funds of Knowledge".
29. Gunther Dietz and Laura Selene Mateos Cortés.
Multiculturalism and Intercultural Education Facing the Anthropology of Education.
30. Julio Cammarota.
A Socio-Historical Perspective for Participatory Action Research and Youth Ethnography in Social Justice Education.
31. Janise Hurtig and Andrea Dyrness.
Parents as Critical Educators and Ethnographers of Education.
32. Ángela Valenzuela, Patricia Lopez, and Emmanuel García.
The Critical Ethnography of Public Policy and Social Justice in the Texas State Legislature.