The Sociology of Gender: An Introduction to Theory and Research, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Featuring extensive revisions and updates, the Second Edition of The Sociology of Gender: An Introduction to Theory and Research presents an introductory overview of gender theory and research, and continues to offer a unique and compelling approach to one of the most important topics in the field of sociology.
- Features extensive revisions and updates, and incorporates recent cross-national research on gender
- Expands and develops frameworks introduced in first edition
- Treats gender as a multilevel system operating at the individual, interactional, and institutional levels
- Stresses conceptual and theoretical issues in the sociology of gender
Offers an accessible yet intellectually sophisticated approach to current gender theory and research
- Includes pedagogical features designed to encourage critical thinking and debate