Textbooks for Learning: Nurturing Children's Minds
December 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Today's Textbooks, Tomorrow's Minds: The Importance of Textbooks.
Part I: The Characteristics of Well-Designed Textbooks:.
2. Designing the Ideal Text.
3. The Design of Curriculum and Instruction.
4. Designing the Ideal Textbook.
5. Finding the Design in Textbook Materials.
Part II: Well Designed Textbook Publishing, State Adoption, and District Selection:.
6. Current Practices: Publishers, States, and Districts.
7. Creating a Design for Publishing, Adopting and Selecting.
Part III: Stepping into the Future:.
8. A New Approach to Textbook Design: Instructional Support Systems.
9. Bringing about the Ideal: Leaders and Collaborators.
Marilyn J. Chambliss is Associate Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Textbooks for Learning: Nurturing Children's Minds (US $148.95)
Total List Price: US $228.95
Discounted Price: US $171.71 (Save: US $57.24)