The Sociology of Culture: Emerging Theoretical Perspectives
June 1994, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Introduction: The Challenge of the Sociology of Culture to Sociology as a Discipline: Diana Crane (University of Pennsylvania).
2. Culture and the Integration of National Societies: Michael Schudson (University of California, San Diego).
3. 'Cultural Pluralism' in Historical Sociology: Recent Theoretical Directions: Ewa Morawska and Willfried Spohn (University of Pennsylvania; University of Washington).
4. Fissured Terrain: Methodological Approaches and Research Styles in Culture and Politics: Mabel Berezin (University of Pennsylvania).
5. Cultural Theories of Organizational Behavior: The Social Construction of Rational Organizing Principles: Frank R. Dobbin (Princeton University).
6. Toward a Sociology of Material Culture: Science Studies, Cultural Studies and the Meanings of Things: Chandra Mukerji (University of California, San Diego).
7. Culture Studies Through the Production Perspective: Progress and Prospects: Richard A. Peterson (Vanderbilt University).
8. Cultural Production as 'Society in the Making': Architecture as an Exemplar of the Social Construction of Cultural Artifacts: David Brain (New College of the University of South Florida).
9. The Sociology of Cultural Reception: Notes Toward an Emergin Paradigm: Andrea Press (University of Michigan).
10. Methodological Dilemmas in the Sociology of Art: Anne Bowler (University of Delaware).
11. Cultural Conceptions of Human Motivation and Their Significance for Culture Theory: Steve Derne (SUNY-Genesco).