Developmental Disorders: A Neuropsychological Approach
June 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
Part I: Orientation to the Way the Brain Functions:.
1. Introduction: Some General Principles.
2. Neurons: Building Blocks of the Nervous System.
3. The Development and Structure of the Brain.
4. Operational Characteristics of Neural Systems.
5. How the Brain Functions.
6. Constitutional Vulnerabilities during Development.
7. Psychopathology Inducing Experience and Handicap Dynamics.
Part II: Disorders of State: .
8. Ictal Disorders: Epilepsy, Seizures, and Related Disorders.
9. Disorders of Sleep and Arousal.
10. Attention and its Disorders.
Part III: Disorders of Specific Modalities: .
11. Disorders of the Motor System.
12. The Visual System and its Disorders.
13. Hearing, Language, and their Disorders.
Part IV: Disorders Involving Several Modalities: .
14. Academic and Social Learning Disabilities.
15. Childhood Psychoses.
16. Acquired Brain Damage.
17. Mental Retardation.
* Assumes no prior knowledge of neuropsychological concepts.
* Written in a lively, engaging style.
"A particular strength of this text is Freides's teaching style. He is careful to define terms for the reader, to illustrate the source of these terms, and then, typically, provide a behavioral example of what is being discussed ... He is also very careful to present both the strengths and weaknesses of different conceptualizations of the putative causes of many of the behavioral problems presented by children with diverse disabilities ... As an introductory text, this work should attract a wide audience." Eileen B. Fennell, University of Florida, APA Review of Books, December 2003
Developmental Disorders: A Neuropsychological Approach (US $164.95)
Total List Price: US $216.90
Discounted Price: US $162.67 (Save: US $54.23)