The Philosophy of Religious Language: Sign, Symbol and Story
January 1996, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Historical Approaches to Religious Language.
3. The Falsification Challenge.
4. Language Games.
5. Hermeneutical Philosophy.
6. Metaphor, Symbol, and Analogy.
7. Narrative Theology.
8. Structuralism and Poststructuralism.
9. Conclusion: A Changing Paradigm.
* Lively and accessible introduction for undergraduates on both religious studies and philosophy courses.
* Engages the reader in further study through suggested readings at the end of each chapter.
"Dan Stiver offers, for "tose coming to these topics for the first time", a useful map to an academic (sub)discipline called philosophy of religious language." Brian Davies, Anglican Theological Review