The Metasphysics of Free Will: An Essay on Control
October 1995, Wiley-Blackwell
1. The Issues.
2. The Transfer Principle: Its Plausability.
3. The Transfer Prnciple: Its Role.
4. The Laws and the Past: The Conditional Version of the Argument.
5. The Basic Version and Newcomb's Problem.
6. The Facts.
7. Responsibility and Alternative Possibilities.
8. Moral Responsibility and Guidance Control.
9. Putting it Together.
- Includes a striking new theory of free will and moral responsibility
- John Martin Fischer is an authoritative leading American author
- Highly prestigious series.
"This is a delightful and masterful philosophical work. What Fischer has to say about freedom and moral responsibility is always interesting and plausible and often persuasive. He presents the issues clearly and elegantly and advances considerably the discussion on them." Michael Zimmerman, University of North Carolina