Bird Hormones and Bird Migrations: Analyzing Hormones in Droppings and Egg Yolks and Assessing Adaptations in Long-Distance Migration, Volume 1046
June 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
I. Measurement of Hormones from Droppings and Egg Yolk of Birds:.
1. Introduction to the European Science Foundation Technical Meeting: Analysis of Hormones in Droppings and Egg Yolk of Birds: Wolfgang Goymann and Susanne Jenni-Eiermann.
2. Potential Impact of Nutritional Strategy on Noninvasive Measurements of Hormones in Birds: Kirk C. Klasing.
3. Measurement of Corticosterone Metabolites in Birds' Droppings: An Analytical Approach: Erich Möstl, Sophie Rettenbacher, and Rupert Palme.
4. Noninvasive Monitoring of Hormones in Bird Droppings: Physiological Validation, Sampling, Extraction, Sex Differences, and the Influence of Diet on Hormone Metabolite Levels: Wolfgang Goymann.
5. Measuring Fecal Glucocorticoid Metabolites in Mammals and Birds: The Importance of Validation: Chadi Touma and Rupert Palme.
6. Measuring Fecal Steroids: Guidelines for Practical Application: Rupert Palme.
7. A Noninvasive Technique to Evaluate Human-Generated Stress in the Black Grouse: Marjana Baltic, Susanne Jenni-Eiermann, Raphaël Arlettaz, and Rupert Palme.
8. Measuring Corticosterone Metabolites in Droppings of Capercaillies (Tetrao urogallus): Dominik Thiel, Susanne Jenni-Eiermann, and Rupert Palme.
9. Noninvasive Measures of Reproductive Function and Disturbance in the Barred Owl, Great Horned Owl, and Northern Spotted Owl: Samuel K. Wasser and Kathleen E. Hunt.
10. Synthesis of Measuring Steroid Metabolites in Goose Feces: Katharina Hirschenhauser, Kurt Kotrschal, and Erich Möstl.
11. Sampling Effort/Frequency Necessary to Infer Individual Acute Stress Responses from Fecal Analysis in Greylag Geese (Anser anser): Isabella B. R. Scheiber, Simona Kralj, and Kurt Kotrschal.
12. Investigating Maternal Hormones in Avian Eggs: Measurement, Manipulation, and Interpretation: Ton G. G. Groothuis and Nikolaus Von Engelhardt.
13. Measuring Steroid Hormones in Avian Eggs: Nikolaus Von Engelhardt and Ton G. G. Groothuis.
14. Corticosterone in Chicken Eggs: S Rettenbacher, E Möstl, R Hackl, and R Palme.
15. Steroids in Allantoic Waste: An Integrated Measure of Steroid Exposure in Ovo: Z Morgan Benowitz-Fredericks, Alexander S. Kitaysky, and John C. Wingfield.
II. Optimality in Bird Migration: Adaptations for Long-Distance Migration in Birds? The Search for Adaptive Syndromes:.
16. Are There Specific Adaptations for Long-Distance Migration in Birds? The Search for Adaptive Syndromes: Outline of the European Science Foundation Workshop: Ulf Bauchinger, Christiaan Both, and Theunis Piersma.
17. Flexible Seasonal Timing and Migratory Behavior: Results from Stonechat Breeding Programs: Barbara Helm, Eberhard Gwinner, and Lisa Trost.
18. Are Long-Distance Migrants Constrained in Their Evolutionary Response to Environmental Change?: Causes of Variation in the Timing of Autumn Migration in a Blackcap (S. atricapilla) and Two Garden Warbler (Sylvia borin) Populations: Francisco Pulido and Michael Widmer.
19. Spatial Behavior of Medium and Long-Distance Migrants at Stopovers Studied by Radio Tracking: Nikita Chernetsov.
20. Ecomorphology of the External Flight Apparatus of Blackcaps (Sylvia atricapilla) with Different Migration Behavior: Wolfgang Fiedler.
21. Melatonin and Nocturnal Migration: Leonida Fusani and Eberhard Gwinner.
22. Phenotypic Flexibility of Skeletal Muscles during Long-Distance Migration of Garden Warblers: Muscle Changes Are Differentially Related to Body Mass: Ulf Bauchinger and Herbert Biebach.
23. Is There a "Migratory Syndrome" Common to All Migrant Birds?: Theunis Piersma, Javier Pérez-Tris, Henrik Mouritsen, Ulf Bauchinger, and Franz Bairlein
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Bird Hormones and Bird Migrations: Analyzing Hormones in Droppings and Egg Yolks and Assessing Adaptations in Long-Distance Migration, Volume 1046 (US $154.95)
-and- The Year in Cognitive Neuroscience 2012 (US $130.00)
Total List Price: US $284.95
Discounted Price: US $213.71 (Save: US $71.24)