New Trends in Astrodynamics and Applications: An International Conference, Volume 1065
January 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This volume bridges the gap between theoretical and applied
astrodynamics by bringing together reports from prominent
mathematicians, scientists, and engineers that discuss recent
advances in the field. It is hoped that this volume will help to
create an environment dedicated to cooperation and the sharing of
knowledge within this community over the long term.
The conference for which this volume is the proceedings was
truly international, bringing together scientists from China,
Israel, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Russia, Spain, and the
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member.
1. Low Energy Trajectories and Chaos: Applications to Astrodynamics and Dynamical Astronomy: Edward Belbruno.
2. ExoMars Alternative Escape Trajectories with Soyuz/Fregat: Jesús Gil-Fernández, Carlos Corral Van Damme, Mariella Graziano, G B Amata, F Cogo, and M A Perino.
3. Efficient Orbit Integration by Manifold Correction Methods: Toshio Fukushima.
4. Return Time Dynamics as a Tool for Finding Almost Invariant Sets: Bianca Thiere and Michael Dellnitz.
5. Earth-to-Moon Low Energy Transfers Targeting L1 Hyperbolic Transit Orbits: Francesco Topputo, Massimiliano Vasile, and Franco Bernelli-Zazzera.
6. Metrics on the Relative Spacecraft Motion Invariant Manifold: P Gurfil And Konstantin V. Kholshevnikov.
7. Hamilton-Jacobi Modelling of Relative Motion for Formation Flying: Egemen Kolemen, N Jeremy Kasdin, and Pini Gurfil.
8. Decentralized Formation Flying Control in a Multiple-Team Hierarchy: Joseph B. Mueller and Stephanie J. Thomas.
9. Reduction of Lunar Landing Fuel Requirements by Utilizing Lunar Ballistic Capture: Michael D. Johnson and Edward A. Belbruno.
10. Robust Mission Design Through Evidence Theory and Multiagent Collaborative Search: Massimiliano Vasile.
11. Real Time Optimal Guidance of Low-Thrust Spacecraft: An Application of Nonlinear Model Predictive Control: Juan José Arrieta-Camacho and Lorenz T. Biegler.
12. New Trends in Astrodynamics and Applications: Optimal Trajectories for Space Guidance: Dilmurat Azimov and Robert Bishop.
13. A Roadmap for Optimal Control: The Right Way to Commute: I Michael Ross.
14. Trajectory Analysis for the Lunar Flyby Rescue of AsiaSat-3/HGS-1: C Ocampo.
15. Recent Gravity-Assist Trajectories for Interplanetary and Solar Exploration: David W. Dunham, Robert W. Farquhar, and James V. McAdams.
16. Teleoperation Support for Early Human Planetary Missions: Giancarlo Genta and Maria Antonietta Perino.
17. NEO Impact Projections: John L. Remo.
18. MarsSat: Assured Communication with Mars: Thomas Gangale.
19. Trajectory Design for Space Missions to Libration Point L2: Alessio Di Salvo.
20. Lagrange L4/L5 Points and the Origin of Our Moon and Saturn's Moons and Rings: J Richard Gott, III.
21. Horsing Around on Saturn: Robert J. Vanderbei.
22. Gauge Freedom in Orbital Mechanics: Michael Efroimsky.
23. Relative Equilibria for General Gravity Fields in the Sphere-Restricted Full Two-Body Problem: D J Scheeres.
24. Canonical Formalism for Modelling and Control of Rigid Body Dynamics: P Gurfil.
25. Variational Methods for Periodic Solutions of Newtonian N-Body Problems: Zhang Shiqing.
26. Phobos/Deimos Sample Return via Solar Sail: Gregory L. Matloff, Travis Taylor, Conley Powell, and Tryshanda Moton.
27. Assessing Potential Propulsion Breakthroughs: Marc G. Millis.
28. The Interstellar Conundrum: A Survey of Concepts and Proposed Solutions: Paul A. Gilster.
Index of Contributors
Buy Both and Save 25%!
New Trends in Astrodynamics and Applications: An International Conference, Volume 1065 (US $164.95)
-and- The Year in Cognitive Neuroscience 2012, Volume 1251 (US $145.00)
Total List Price: US $309.95
Discounted Price: US $232.46 (Save: US $77.49)