Integrated Molecular Medicine for Neuronal and Neoplastic Disorders, Volume 1086
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
In this volume, the molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative
disorders and malignant tumors are addressed, as are new
therapeutic tools that exploit our understanding of these disease
mechanisms. Substantial evidence for the existence of common
molecular pathways for both neurodegeneration and tumor growth has
been found, and many novel molecules related to both of them have
also been discovered.
Because integrated research on neuronal and neoplastic disorders
is singularly effective in overcoming these disorders, this volume
will be an excellent source of information on the state of the
research in this field and on the development of its applications
in human disease therapy.
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member
Preface: Integrated Molecular Medicine for Neuronal and Neoplastic Disorders.
Part I: Motor Neuron Diseases:.
1. Gene Expression Profiling Toward Understanding of ALS Pathogenesis: Fumiaki Tanaka, Jun-ichi Niwa, Shinsuke Ishigaki, Masahiko Yamamoto, Masahisa Katsuno, Manabu Doyu and Gen Sobue.
2. Untitled: Mimoun Azzouz.
3. Role of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids for Misfolding Protein Aggregations; Implication for Neurodegenerative Diseases: Yeon-Jeong Kim and Ryosuke Takahashi.
4. Alleviating Neurodegeneration by an Anti-Cancer Agent – an Hsp90 Inhibitor (17-AAG): Masahiro Waza, Hiroaki Adachi, Masahisa Katsuno, Makoto Minamiyama,.
Fumiaki Tanaka, and Gen Sobue.
Part II: Alzheimer's Disease and Related Neurodegenerative Disorders:.
5. LRP in Amyloid-b Production and Metabolism: Guojun Bu, Judy Cam, and Celina Zerbinatti.
6. Neuronal Differentiation is Accompanied by Increased Levels of SNAP-25 Protein in Fetal Rat Primary Cortical Neurons- Implications in Neuronal Plasticity and Alzheimer's Disease: Jason A Bailey and Debomoy K. Lahiri.
7. Myosin Va Mutation in Rats is an Animal Model for the Human Hereditary Neurological Disease, Griscelli Syndrome Type 1: Yoshiko Takagishi and Yoshiharu Murata.
Part III: Neuroprotective Strategy for Neurodegenerative Diseases:.
8. Brain Keratan Sulfate and Glial Scar Formation: Haoqian Zhang, Kenji Uchimura and Kenji Kadomatsu.
9. The Direct and Indirect Effects of Serofendic Acid on Neuroprotection: Yukiko Doi, Jianfeng Liang, Reiko Kuno, Guiqin Zang, Jun Kawanokuchi, Izumi Yawata, Hideyuki Takeuchi, Tetsuya Mizuno, and Akio Suzumura.
10. Cytoplasmic Lipid Droplets: Re-discovery of an Old Structure as a Unique Platform: Toyoshi Fujimoto and Yuki Ohsaki.
Part IV: Neuronal Polarity and Psychiatric Disorders:.
11. Molecular mechanisms of Axon Specification and Neuronal Disorders: Takeshi Yoshimura, Nariko Arimura, and Kozo Kaibuchi.
12. Untitled: Naoya Sawamura, Akira Sawa et al.
13. Psychological, Neuroimaging and Biochemical Studies on Functional Association between Impulsive Behavior and the 5-HT2A Receptor Gene Polymorphism in Humans: Michio Nomura and Yasuyuki Nomura.
14. Investigating Gene-to-Behavior Pathways in Psychiatric Disorders: The Use of a Comprehensive Behavioral Test Battery on Genetically Engineered Mice: Keizo Takao and Tsuyoshi Miyakawa.
15. Animal Model of Schizophrenia: Dysfunction of NMDA Receptor-Signaling in Mice following Withdrawal from Repeated Administration of Phencyclidine: Toshitaka Nabeshima, Akihiro Mouri, Rina Murai, Yukihiro Noda.
Part V: Novel Targets for Cancer Therapy:.
16. Girdin, a Novel Actin-Binding Protein, and its Family of Proteins Possess Versatile functions in the AKT and WNT Signaling Pathways: Atsushi Enomoto, Jiang Ping, and Masahide Takahashi.
17. Biosignals Modulated by Tumor-associated Carbohydrate Antigens: Novel Targets for Cancer Therapy: Koichi Furukawa, Kazunori Hamamura, Aixinjueluo Wei, Keiko Furukawa.
18: Untitled: Naing Naing Mon, Michinari Hamaguchi et al.
19. SFK-STAT Pathway: An Alternative and Important Way to Malignancies: Fumihiko Hayakawa and Tomoki Naoe.
20. Pharmacogenetic Approach for Cancer Treatment-Tailored Medicine in Practice: Yoshinori Hasegawa, Yuichi Ando, Maki Ando, Naozumi Hashimoto, Kazuyoshi Imaizumi, and Kaoru Shimokata.
21. Involvement of DPPIV/CD26 in Epithelial Morphology and Suppressed Invasive Ability in Ovarian Carcinoma Cells: Hiroaki Kajiyama, Kiyosumi Shibata, Mikio Terauchi, Kazuhiko Ino, Akihiro Nawa, and Fumitaka Kikkawa
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Integrated Molecular Medicine for Neuronal and Neoplastic Disorders, Volume 1086 (US $154.95)
-and- Neurosciences and Music IV: Learning and Memory, Volume 1252 (US $145.00)
Total List Price: US $299.95
Discounted Price: US $224.96 (Save: US $74.99)