Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Volume 1087, Violence and Exploitation Against Women and Girls
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Part I: Conceptualizing Violence and Exploitation Against Females:.
1. The History of Violence: Barbara Welter.
2. Theories of Violence: Herbert Krauss.
Part II: Violence Against Girls, Adolescents, and Young Women:.
3. Sexual Aggression Towards Women: Reducing the Prevalence: Gwendolyn L. Gerber, Lindsay Cherniski.
4. Adolescent Girls Speak About Violence in their Community: Roseanne Flores.
5. Who Wins in the Status Games? Violence, Sexual Violence, and an Emerging Single Standard Among Adolescent Women: Beatrice Krauss.
6. Cyber Violence Against Adolescent Girls: June Chisholm.
7. Early Violence Prevention Programs: Implications for Violence Prevention Against Girls and Women: Barbara Mowder, Michelle Guttman, Anastasia Yasik.
8. International Perspectives on Sexual Harassment of College Students: The Sounds of Silence Michele Paludi, Eros DeSouza, Liesl Nydegger, Rudy Nydegger, Sarah Bennett.
Part III: Violence Against Women:.
9. Intimate Partner Violence: New Directions: Irene Frieze, Maureen McHugh.
10. Battered Women Syndrome: Empirical Findings: Lenore Walker.
11. Aging Women and Violence: Margot Nadien.
12. Violence and Exploitation against Girls and Women with Disabilities: Daniel Rosen.
13. Violence Against Pregnant Women in Northwestern Ontario: Josephine Tan, Kate Gregor.
14. Intimate Violence against Women and Unwanted Pregnancy: Nancy Russo, Angela Pirlott.
15. Re-Victimization of Rape Victims by the Criminal Justice System: Mary P. Koss.
16. Violence against Women as a Public Health Issue: Joan Chrisler, Sheila Ferguson.
Part IV: Cultural and International Perspectives on Violence Against Women:.
17. Cultural Beliefs and Domestic Violence: Madeline Fernandez.
18. Violence Against Adolescents and Women in Mexico: Conceptualization and Program Application: Susan Pick.
19. Domestic Violence in the Chinese and South Asian Immigrant Communities: Elizabeth Midlarsky, Anitha A. Kothari, Maura Plante.
20. Domestic Violence in Israel: Changing Attitudes: Varda Muhlbauer.
21. An Exploration of Female Genital Mutilation Erika Baron, Florence L. Denmark.
22. International Sexual Harassment: Janet Sigal.
23. United Nations Measures to Stop Violence Against Women: Eva Sandis.
Epilogue: Vita Rabinowitz.
Index of Contributors