Strategies for Risk Communication: Evolution, Evidence, Experience
May 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member
1. Numeracy and the Perception and Communication of Risk: Ellen Peters.
2. Evolution, Risk, and Neural Representation: Karli K. Watson.
3. Linguistic Uncertainty in Qualitative Risk Analysis and How to Minimize It: Janet M. Carey and Mark A. Burgman.
4. Transparency in Risk Communication: Graphical and Analog Tools: Elke Kurz-Milcke, Gerd Gigerenzer, and Laura Martignon.
5. Visualizing Seismic Risk and Uncertainty: A Review of Related Research: Ann Bostrom, Luc Anselin, and Jeremy Farris.
6. The Neuronal Substrate of Risky Choice: An Insight into the Contributions of Neuroimaging to the Understanding of Theories on Decision-making under Risk: Verena Vorhold.
7. Multiple Systems in Decision-Making: Alan G. Sanfey and Luke J. Chang.
8. A Frequency/Consequence-based Technique for Visualizing and Communicating Uncertainty and Perception of Risk: David Slavin, W. Troy Tucker, and Scott Ferson.
9. Risk Communication and Risky Choice in Context: Ambiguity and Ambivalence Hypothesis: X. T. Wang.
10. Models and Methods in Delay Discounting: Aaron D. Tesch and Alan G. Sanfey.
11. Science, Precaution and the Politics of Technological Risk: Converging Implications in Evolutionary and Social Scientific Perspectives: Andy Stirling.
12. Evolved Altruism, Strong Reciprocity, and Perception of Risk: W. Troy Tucker and Scott Ferson.
13. Perceiving Others' Perceptions of Risk: Still a Task for Sisyphus: Adam M. Finkel.
Index of Contributors