Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology, 2008
July 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
1. Usefulness of Bioclimatic Models for Studying Climate Change and Invasive Species: Jonathan M. Jeschke and David L. Strayer.
2. Ecosystem Services Provided by Birds: Christopher J. Whelan, Daniel G. Wenny, and Robert J. Marquis.
3. Understanding, Managing, and Minimizing Urban Impacts on Surface Water Nitrogen Loading: Emily S. Bernhardt, Lawrence E. Band, Christopher J. Walsh, and Philip E. Berke.
4. Protected Areas in Europe: Principle and Practice: Kevin J. Gaston, Sarah F. Jackson, Arnold Nagy, Lisette Cantú-Salazar, and Mark Johnson.
5. Creating New Landscapes and Ecosystems: The Alberta Oil Sands: E. A. Johnson and K. Miyanishi.
6. Infectious Disease in Cervids of North America: Data, Models, and Management Challenges: Mary M. Conner, Michael R. Ebinger, Julie A. Blanchong, and Paul C. Cross.
7. Biodiversity Conservation in Tropical Agroecosystems: A New Conservation Paradigm: Ivette Perfecto and John Vandermeer.
8. Protected Areas and Climate Change: Lee Hannah.
9. Exchanges across Land-Water-Scape Boundaries in Urban Systems: Strategies for Reducing Nitrate Pollution: M.L. Cadenasso, S.T.A. Pickett, P.M. Groffman, L.E. Band, G.S. Brush, M.F. Galvin, J.M. Grove, G. Hagar, V. Marshall, B.P. McGrath, J.P.M. O’Neil-Dunne, W.P. Stack, and A.R. Troy.
10. Collision Effects of Wind-Power Generators and Other Obstacles on Birds: Allan L. Drewitt and Rowena H. W. Langston.
11. High Latitude Changes in Ice Dynamics and Their Impact on Polar Marine Ecosystems: Mark A. Moline, Nina J. Karnovsky, Zachary Brown, George J. Divoky, Thomas R. Frazer, Charles A. Jacoby, Joseph J. Torres, and William R. Fraser.
12. Ocean Acidification and its Potential Effects on Marine Ecosystems: John M. Guinotte and Victoria J. Fabry.
Index of Contributors