CDS Delivery Option: Better Pricing of Credit Default Swaps
- how to value a CDS contract
- how to value the delivery option
- how contract value changes when the yield curve flattens or becomes steeper
- how contract value changes with bullish or bearish market moves
- how to figure out when to buy protection and when to sell protection
- how to hedge CDS risk
- when and how to unwind a contract prior to settlement
- when to hold a trade through delivery
- how to navigate a "squeeze" (when the notional value of contracts going through delivery is larger than the supply of the cheapest-to-deliver issue)
- when buying contracts can make their prices go down
- how to construct a basis trade
- how to find arbitrage opportunities
- how to analyze default probability and corporate debt
- when to settle via auction and when to settle via physical delivery
- which note is the cheapest to deliver
This book is an indispensable resource for all market professionals working in the CDS market.
Part I Markets and Mechanisms.
Chapter 1 Interest Rate Policy, Housing Prices, and the Credit Crunch.
An Unspoken Assumption.
The Music Stops in Home Prices.
The Music Stops in Lending.
The Music Stops on Wall Street.
Fed in a Box.
Chapter 2 The Crisis After Subprime.
Agencies Born of Crisis.
The Golden Goose.
Chapter 3 The Link Between Credit Derivatives and Bonds.
The Music Stops for the Agencies.
The End Game for the Government-Sponsored Enterprises.
Part II The Delivery Option.
Chapter 4 Delivery Option: The Link Between Futures and Credit Derivatives.
Assumptions Behind the Credit Default Swap Basis.
Default Probability, Corporate Debt, and the Delivery Option.
A Review of Treasury Futures Mechanics.
Pricing Treasury Futures Delivery Options.
The Fair-Value Method for Pricing an Embedded Option.
Chapter 5 The Squeeze.
Chapter 6 The Cheapest-to-Deliver Option in Credit Default Swaps.
Quantifying the Value of the Delivery Option.
A Proof by Contradiction.
Applying the Fair-Value Analysis.
More Lessons from the Futures Market.
Chapter 7 Delphi: A Real-World Example.
Recent Developments: Destroying Value.
Part III Contract Design.
Chapter 8 Designing an Agency Credit Derivatives Futures Contract.
Chapter 9 Bringing the Index to an Exchange.
Part IV A Bear Market Case Study.
Chapter 10 The ABX Meltdown.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
CDS Delivery Option: Better Pricing of Credit Default Swaps (US $79.95)
Total List Price: US $154.95
Discounted Price: US $116.21 (Save: US $38.74)