Money Well Spent: A Strategic Plan for Smart Philanthropy
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
“All outstanding philanthropic successes have one thing in common: They started with a smart strategic plan,” say authors Paul Brest, president of the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, and Hal Harvey, president of ClimateWorks.
Money Well Spent explains how to create and implement a strategy that ensures meaningful results. Components of a smart strategy include:
- Achieving great clarity about one’s philanthropic goals
- Specifying indicators of success before beginning a project
- Designing and implementing a plan commensurate with available resources
- Evidence-based understanding of the world in which the plan will operate
- Paying careful attention to milestones to determine if you are on the path to success or if midcourse corrections are necessary
Drawing on examples from over 100 foundations and non-profits, Money Well Spent gives readers the framework they need to design a smart strategy, addressing such key issues as:
- Effective use of tools—education, science, direct services, advocacy—that can achieve your objectives.
- How to choose the forms of funding to achieve stated goals
- How to measure the impact of grants or programs
- When to be patient and stick with a winning strategy and when to abandon a strategy that isn’t working
This is a book for everyone who wants to get the most from a philanthropic dollar: donors, foundations, and non-profits.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Money Well Spent: A Strategic Plan for Smart Philanthropy (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $52.90
Discounted Price: US $39.67 (Save: US $13.23)