Vietnam and the Transformation of American Life
November 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Introduction: Intersection: The Vietnam War and the Social and Political Movements of the 1960s.
Part I: The Vietnam War:.
1. Containment, Liberalism, and Vietnam: Background to the American War.
2. Why (Not) Vietnam? The Vietnamese, the French, and the Americans to 1960.
3. Destroying the Country to Save It: The American War on Vietnam, 1960-1968. 4. The Empire Strikes Back: The Vietnam War from 1968 to 1975.
Part II: The Movements of the 1960s:.
5. Hope and Anguish: Background to the 1960s.
6. Love Me, I'm a Liberal: Vietnam and the Politics of the 1960s.
7. The Wars at Home: Civil Rights and Women's Liberation.
8. One, Two, Three,Four, What are We Fightin' For? The War and American Culture.
9. At War with Vietnam . . . Still: The Impact and Legacy of the War and the 1960s.