The Origins of Human Society
December 1999, ©1999, Wiley-Blackwell
Series Editor's Preface.
A Note on Dating.
1. The Gateway to Human Prehistory.
2. The Earliest Human Societies.
3. The Human Diaspora.
4. After the Ice Age.
5. Seeds for Civilization.
6. Pathways to Inequality.
7. Elites and Commoners.
8. Early States and Chiefdoms in the Shadow of States.
- Presents a fresh look at broad trends in human prehistory.
- Ranges across the globe using particular regions and periods as case studies.
- Reveals to the non-specialist how archaeological data are assembled and interpreted to develop models of past society.