Shopping for Shares: The Everyday Woman's Guide to Profiting from the Australian Stock Market
August 2006, Wrightbooks
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
With more and more women wanting to take control of their fi nances, many are looking at investment opportunities, such as share trading, to increase their net worth. As a result, the rise in the number of women entering the stock market over the last decade has been phenomenal. According to the ASX, over 40 per cent of Australian women own shares either directly or through managed funds — almost double the number of women investors since 1997.
Tracey Edwards is one of these savvy female investors and in Shopping for Shares she lets you in on her secrets for selecting, buying and profiting on the Australian stock market. Inside, you'll learn about:
- how much money you need to start investing — it’s less than you think!
- making that first investment and the thrill of being a shareholder
- whether you are better suited to long-term or short-term investing (or both)
- how to research a company quickly and easily
- when to buy and when to sell step by step
- secret strategies to avoid losing all your money
- how you, too, can be a savvy investor!