Tourism Research, 2nd Edition
July 2011, ©2011
Tourism Research, second edition, introduces the concept of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research methodologies associated with tourism. It also considers indigenous and cross-cultural methodologies. The relationship of tourism research, its underpinnings, sources and methods, with the implications for tourism development, planning and management are clearly established and discussed. The text is focused on the tourism sector rather than the leisure and recreation sector. The role of researchers as professionals, as well as usage and impacts of research are incorporated throughout the text to ensure students appreciate the diversity of research in the tourism industry as well as the consequences of research decision-making processes. This revised edition continues to provide a balanced discussion between qualitative and quantitative methodologies and their associated theoretical underpinnings.
2. Theoretical paradigms underpinning tourism research.
3. Data and empirical material sources for tourism research.
4. The ethics of tourism research.
5. Methodological considerations for tourism research.
6. Qualitative methods and tourism research.
7. Qualitative methods of empirical material interpretation/(re)construction.
8. Quantitative methods and tourism research.
9. Quantitative methods of data analysis.
10. Tourism research proposals and reports.
11. Conference presentations, posters and articles.
12. The future of tourism research.
- Extended discussion on research paradigms including axiological (morals, values and ethics) perspectives.
- Consideration of indigenous and cross-cultural methodologies.
- New inclusions on positionality and voice, crystallization.
- Further consideration of computer-assisted and mobile communication technologies in research processes.
- Incorporation of international examples to demonstrate application of theory into practice.
- An updated review of various genres for presenting research outcomes (report writing, posters, article writing and oral presentations).
- A step by step approach to conducting research.
- Extended case studies illustrate procedures of research preparation, execution and reporting.
Tourism Research, 2nd Edition (US $147.95)
-and- Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, 12th Edition (US $110.95)
Total List Price: US $258.90
Discounted Price: US $194.17 (Save: US $64.73)