Investing in Collectables: An Investor's Guide to Turning Your Passion Into a Portfolio
September 2011, Wrightbooks
Whether you're looking to make money from your hobby or collection, or you're a serious investor seeking to profit from your passion or diversify your portfolio, Investing in Collectibles contain all you need to know.
Inside you'll discover:
- tips for making a profit on your collection
- how to buy and sell through art dealers and private sale, and at auctions
- tax and other legislation governing collectibles as an investment
- how to invest through self managed superannuation funds or trusts
- how to detect fakes and forgeries.
This is the ultimate guide to collecting, investing in and making money from collectables.
1 Collectables as an investment 1
2 Types of collectables 19
3 International markets 47
4 Caring for and displaying collectables 59
5 Th e legal framework and collectables 75
6 Buying and selling through dealers and privately 95
7 Buying and selling at auction 111
8 Buying and selling online 133
9 Dos and don'ts when buying and selling collectables 151
10 Fraud 169
11 How to make money from investing in collectables 187
Useful resources 205