Baidu SEO: Challenges and Intricacies of Marketing in China
July 2017, Wiley-ISTE
SEO practices for Baidu and other Chinese search engines are little known in the Western world. However, in order for a company to promote itself successfully in the Middle Kingdom, it is absolutely necessary to go online in China. Chinese SEO is not only about working on the on-site and off-site aspects of a site, there are also many administrative tasks to take into account: the creation of a site in China can pose governmental problems (obtaining a Chinese mobile line, applying for an ICP license, proving that the company is well established in China, etc.)
In order for readers to understand how SEO and web-marketing works in China, tips, advice and case studies are presented throughout this book.
1) The History of Baidu
2) Baidu Services
3) Chinese Search Engines: Baidu, HaoSou, Sogou
4) Tips to use Chinese Search Engines for referencing.
• Technical tips (code HTML, webmaster tools Baidu, etc.)
• Semantic tips (semantic analysis, metrics to be used, etc.)
• Off-site tips
• Non-free tips (V icons, label “Official website”, etc.)
5) Other tips for Chinese online Marketing
• Becoming Wang Hong
• Meinu strategy
• Cultural Specificities