Asian Adolescents in the West
May 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
2. First Generation: religion, value orientations and gender issues.
3. Adolescents of the Second and Third Generation.
4. Ethnic Identity, Acculturation and Self-Image.
5. Schools and Asian Young People.
6. Reflections and Implications.
'In his usual lucid and pointed style Ghuman analyses both the negative and the positive aspects of bi-cultural socialisation across the range of domains which are central to the experiences of this age group. This book, which is both scholarly and interesting, is destined to become the definitive work on this important topic.' Ray Cochrane, Professor of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK.