Women's Health: Contemporary International Perspectives
April 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
2. An Overview of Critical Issues in Women's Health.
3. Young Women's Health.
4. Sexuality and Sexual Health.
5. Physical Health and Illness.
6. Reproductive Health.
7. Bodies and Body Image.
8. Mental Health.
9. The Health of Older Women
- Covering the lifespan of women from puberty to old age, this comprehensive collection provides ground-breaking research and theory that challenges current conceptions of women's health.
- The interdisciplinary angle of the book will appeal to a wide-ranging readership and includes detailed commentaries on key topics such as anorexia nervosa, depression, women and cancer, sexual abuse, disability, exercise, body image, pregnancy, sexual violence and drug use.
- Drawing on contributions from the UK, USA, Australia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Eire and Canada, Women's Health aims to be a source book for information, to provoke debate and to assert the importance of 'the woman question' in considerations of health.
Professor Valerie Walkerdine, Centre for Critical Psychology, University of Western Sydney, Australia.
'This volume provides a comprehensive and confident treatment of this vast and vital topic ... In this book the psychology of women's health has come of age.'
Dr Wendy Hollway, School of Psychology, University of Leeds