Stirling and Pulse-tube Cryo-coolers
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Until now there has been no agreed approach to the thermodynamic design of either type. In particular, the choice of regenerator packing has remained a matter for time-consuming – and thus expensive – trial-and-error development. There has been no way of knowing whether an existing ‘fully developed’ unit is performing to the limit of its thermodynamic potential.
Stirling and Pulse-tube Cryo-coolers addresses these problems.
- An ideal cycle for the pulse-tube yielding heat, mass-flow and work;
- Previously unseen phenomena of real gas behaviour;
- Pictorial reliefs of pressure wave interactions;
- Multiple wave reflections in graphic perspective
- First solution of the ‘regenerator problem ‘ by a full, unsteady gas dynamics treatment;
- First ever depiction of pulse-tube boundary-layer events (heat conduction, ‘streaming’) driven by interacting left-and right-running pressure waves
- First analysis of the graded regenerator and optimisation of gas path design;
- Embryonic ‘cook-book’ method of ab initio cooler design based on dynamic similarity and thermodynamic scaling.
Stirling and Pulse-tube Cryo-coolers raises the threshold from which first-principles design of regenerative cryo-coolers may start. Those wishing to extend their study of the subject beyond the well-trodden, ideal gas/quasi-steady-state rationalisations will require this book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Stirling and Pulse-tube Cryo-coolers (US $360.00)
-and- Fundamentals of Machine Component Design, 5th Edition (US $219.95)
Total List Price: US $579.95
Discounted Price: US $434.96 (Save: US $144.99)