Intimacy in Crisis
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Men and women seek different elements of intimacy. This book argues that a failure to understand the opposite gender's intimacy needs can contribute to relationship distress. Jane Ridley explores potentially critical periods and turning points in a couple's relationship, including sexuality, pregnancy, ageing, the impact of earlier separation and dealing with children from previous relationships.
- Part One: A Working Hypothesis
- The Invisible Intimacy Screen
- Critical Periods in the Life Cycle of Relationships and Intimacy
- Life Events and Intimacy
- Part Two: A Realistic Approach to Gender
- Critical Periods and Female Vulnerablity
- Critical Periods and Male Vulnerablity