The New Professor's Handbook: A Guide to Teaching and Research in Engineering and Science
July 1994, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Part I: Teaching.
1. Characteristics of Student Learning.
2. Planning a Course.
3. Conducting Discussions.
5. Preparing Activities for Students: Exams and Assignments.
6. Working with Teaching Assistants.
Part II: Research.
7. Supervising Graduate Research.
8. Getting Funding for Research Projects.
9. Writing Research papers.
10. Reviewing research Proposals and Papers.
11. Presenting Talks on Research results.
12. Conducting Graduate Seminar Programs.