Service-Learning Code of Ethics
May 2005, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The authors offer a basic road map for practicing service-learning that includes
- An overview of service-learning and its role in American higher education
- A review of existing professional codes and ethics
- A proposed code of ethics and model for ethical decision-making
- Hypothetical dilemmas and question sets that help guide the reader to an understanding of the broader issues involved in service-learning
- Templates to measure progress in adhering to the service-learning code
- A general guideline for risk-management in service-learning
While the stated mission of many colleges and universities is to teach the democratic ideals of the nation, build moral character, and cultivate an educated and engaged citizenry, most fall short of incorporating this goal into their curricular programs. By reflecting critically upon service-learning experiences, Service-Learning Code of Ethics makes a constructive argument for change.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Service-Learning Code of Ethics (US $42.00)
Total List Price: US $82.00
Discounted Price: US $61.50 (Save: US $20.50)