Feeding and Nutrition in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disability
Foreword (Martin Bax).
INTRODUCTION (Peter B. Sullivan).
1. Feeding and nutrition in neurodevelopmental disability: an overview (Peter B. Sullivan).
2. NUTRITIONAL ASSESSMENT AND MONITORING (Laura Stewart and Natalie McKaig).
3. Oral Motor Impairment and Swallowing Dysfunction: Assessment and Management (Sue Strudwick).
4. Feeding and Dietetic assessment and management (Bridget Lambert and Wee Meng Han).
5. The Multidisciplinary Team and the Practicalities of Nursing Care (Angharad Vernon-Roberts).
6. Gastrointestinal Disorders: Assessment and Management (Peter B Sullivan).
7. Gastrointestinal Disorders: Special Investigations (Astor Rodrigues).
Appendix 1: Cerebal Palsy Growth Charts.
APPENDIX 2: Useful Contacts and Websites.
APPENDIX 3: Nasogastric and Gastrostomy Tube Care Guidelines.
APPENDIX 4: Incorporating Nutrient-dense Foods into the Diet of Children with Feeding Problems.
APPENDIX 5: Formula and Supplemenmt Information.
APPENDIX 6: Form for Feeding and Dietary Assessment.
· Highly practical guide for healthcare workers responsible for the nutritional needs of children with neurological impairment.
· Lists, boxes and tables highlight important information clearly