The Hemiplegia Handbook
The chapters each cover one topic, moving from the causes, consequences and management of hemiplegia through the various life stages, including family life, education and growing up. Parents and professionals will dip into the handbook again and again as the child grows and his or her needs change. Readers will also find contact details for the many organizations that can provide more information or assistance. Throughout, the book is illustrated with the personal experiences of people - both parents and young people themselves - who have met the challenges of living with hemiplegia.
The publication of this book is supported by HemiHelp (www.hemihelp.org.uk), a UK-based charity for people with hemiplegia and their families.
2. Understanding the brain and movement (CF)
3. Causes of hemiplegia / hemiparesis (CF)
4. Possible clinical problems: their signs and symptoms (CF)
5. After diagnosis: what next? (LB)
6. Assessment and clinical management (CF)
7. Family life (LB)
8. Education (LB)
9. Adult life (LB)
10. The emotional impact of having a child with a disability (by Claire Edwards)