Evaluating Faculty Performance: A Practical Guide to Assessing Teaching, Research, and Service
May 2006, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Offering numerous suggestions for improving evaluation methods, assessing program weaknesses, and avoiding common problems, the book
- Examines compelling reasons for developing effective and systematic faculty assessment processes
- Discusses how to create a climate for positive change by favoring performance counseling over performance evaluation
- Identifies the essential elements and best practices in assessment, while also revealing what not to do in evaluating performance
- Explains the value of the professional portfolio in assessment teaching, and offers advice on how to complete a portfolio
- Outlines key issues, dangers, and benchmarks for success in straightforward language
Included are field-tested forms and checklists that can be used to measure faculty performance in teaching, research, and service. The suggestions for improving faculty assessment are clear and practicable—sensible advice for strengthening a process that is of increasing importance in higher education.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Evaluating Faculty Performance: A Practical Guide to Assessing Teaching, Research, and Service (US $42.00)
Total List Price: US $84.00
Discounted Price: US $63.00 (Save: US $21.00)