steel research international
Steel Research International is a journal providing a forum for the publication of high-quality manuscripts in areas ranging from process metallurgy and metal forming to materials engineering as well as process control and testing. The emphasis is on steel and related metals and on materials involved in the processing, such as refractories and slags. Examples are given as follows:
- Process metallurgy: minerals dressing, direct reduction, ironmaking, steelmaking, special metallurgical processes, secondary metallurgy, casting, chemical analysis.
- Metal forming: near-net casting/shaping, hot rolling, cold forming, forging, drawing. Materials technology: mechanical properties, fatigue, creep, corrosion, heat treatment, coating, welding/joining, machining, materials testing, chemical analysis.
Steel Research International welcomes manuscripts describing basic scientific research as well as industrial research. All papers submitted are reviewed by an international Editorial and Advisory Board and will be accepted on the basis of scientific quality, originality and up-to-date relevance. The journal is listed in the Science Citation Index.
The journal was formerly well known as "Archiv für das Eisenhüttenwesen" and "steel research"; with effect from January 1, 2006, the former "Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy" merged with Steel Research International.
- High Speed Forming
- Interstitially Alloyed Steels
- Recent Developments in Stainless Steels
- Locally Strengthened Steel Components
- Electromagnetic Processing of Metals
- Steels for Automotive Applications
Sign up for the free MaterialsViews.com newsletter and get weekly updates on the latest developments and exciting breakthroughs in the vast field of materials science.
ISSN: 1611-3683 (print). 1869-344X (online).
Volume 86. 12 Issues in 2015.